Check out these Silk House Hotel images:
Satri House bathroom
Image by annamatic3000
Behind a silk screen, our room had a gorgeous bathroom. Large windows (shaded with silk curtains and bamboo blinds) provided sunlight from three sides. The sink and the tub were built of wood and decorated with simple glass mosaics.
The Satri House.
View the Laos, Luang Prabang photo set from the beginning.
Coundon Hall (Old Hall Inn)
Image by amandabhslater
Tamworth Road, Keresley. Grade II listed building.
In the 19th century Coundon became a residential area for wealthy Coventry tradesmen and retired people, following in the footsteps of medieval mercers and drapers. Ribbon development of large houses along Tamworth Road was one aspect of this tendency. But Coundon was also away from the congested city, from the industrial suburbs of Foleshill and Sowe Waste, and from the early residential areas such as Stoke which was by then being swamped by housing of a lower class; lying as it did on high wooded ground, Coundon was still attractively rural. More important, the history of Coundon had left a parish of medium-sized freehold or leasehold units, each exactly suited to a large isolated Victorian house with a park-like garden, and with perhaps a farm attached to give a satisfactory manorial atmosphere. Existing farms such as Manor House Farm (the former Moathouse Farm), Coundon Hall (now a hotel) on Tamworth Road, and Coundon House, on what is now Southbank Road, were improved and enlarged. New houses were built, such as Keresley Grange, The Elms (now Coundon Lodge), and The Cottage, and, at the end of the 19th century, Coundon Court, The Spinney, and Oakhurst. The vicarage of Keresley-with-Coundon ecclesiastical parish, built on Brownshill Green Road in Coundon at a rather inconvenient distance from the new church in Keresley in 1848, was another such house, and was leased by the vicar. In 1850 there was a ribbon manufacturer living in Coundon, in 1875 a silk-broker, a Coventry miller, a Coventry druggist, a brewer, a watch manufacturer, and a varnish maker.
From: ‘The City of Coventry: The outlying parts of Coventry: Coundon’, A History of the County of Warwick: Volume 8: The City of Coventry and Borough of Warwick (1969), pp. 50-57. URL: www.british-history.ac.uk/report.aspx?compid=16011 Date accessed: 14 February 2009.